Idea Flight allows you to share ideas easily on the iPad. A “pilot” controls the flight and can provide a presentation to “passengers.” We bring our iPads to meetings today, don’t we? With Idea Flight, you can leave the projector in your desk drawer. Idea Flight is the only tool you need to share ideas, documents and presentations and direct the experience of an audience easily on iPad
Features of Idea Flight
- Idea Flight enables one person, the Pilot, to control the screens of multiple iPads, viewed by the Passengers
- Preparing materials for Idea Flight is simple: Content must be saved as a PDF and can easily be accessed through Dropbox, iTunes File Sharing, or email.
- No business cards, no problem! Idea Flight includes a Passenger List allowing Passengers and Pilots to connect via LinkedIn.
- Share ideas without granting permanent access to your presentation
- Guide presentations in Locked mode, and then Unlock to allow Passengers to scroll or tap to screens of particular interest or to recap the presentation.
- Display your presentation on an external monitor for large audiences, as well as simultaneously on up to 16 iPads via Wi-Fi and 4 iPads via Bluetooth.
- See photographs and charts in true colors, not the color printers settle for.
Not long ago, Google has joined the cloud-storage game. If you’ve been using Dropbox or Box.net for storing documents on the go, you have something else to consider. And if you’re a Google Docs user too, the way Google Drive coexists really well with Google Docs (they’ve almost merged, really) means you’re getting more storage, more organizational capabilities, and better collaboration.
Google Drive features…
- Create and collaborate. Google Docs is built right into Google Drive, so you can work with others in real time on documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Once you choose to share content with others, you can add and reply to comments on anything (PDF, image, video file, etc.) and receive notifications when other people comment on shared items.
- Store everything safely and access it anywhere (especially while on the go). You can access your stuff from anywhere—on the web, in your home, at the office, while running errands and from all of your devices. You can install Drive on your Mac or PC and can download the Drive app to your Android phone or tablet. They’re also working on a Drive app for your iOS devices.
- Search everything. Search by keyword and filter by file type, owner and more. Drive can even recognize text in scanned documents using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology.
- Competitive pricing: up to 5GB is free. Upgrade to 25GB for only $2.49/month, store 100GB for $4.99/month, or go as high as 1TB (Terabyte = 1000 GB) for $49.99/month.
Instagram Announces Web Profiles: The popular mobile app Instagram now has web-based profiles.
From their website: “Your web profile features a selection of your recently shared photographs just above your profile photo and bio, giving others a snapshot of the photos you share on Instagram. In addition, you can follow users, comment and like photos and edit your profile easily and directly from the web.”
How does this benefit Realtors?
- Gives you an online location for your photos, so you can share them with people that aren’t on Instagram
- Another place to add your bio with keywords and a link back to your site (good for SEO)
- Makes your photos easier to find online for other people, and easy to link to from your website, Facebook page, etc.
Social media is becoming a part of our lives and our businesses more and more each day. And with the increasing popularity of sites like Pinterest, many Realtors are looking for ideas to stand out and connect with their network in unique and personal ways. That’s where new sites like FoodSpotting come in!
What Foodspotting is…
- A visual guide to good food and where to find it. Foodspotting is the easiest way to find and share the foods you love: Instead of reviewing restaurants, you can recommend your favorite dishes and see what others have recommended wherever you go.
- An app that connects your camera to your social sites, letting you share great photos of local dishes you love
Why Foodspotting can be a great social media marketing tool…
- People connect with you more on social media because of your interests, and not because of your business. If you’re a foodie, or just really into food and restaurants, it gives you a new way to share and connect
- If you struggle with what photos to share on sites like Pinterest, this can be a good way to showcase your local neighborhood expertise while also connecting with people over a real interest